QloApps WebP Image Converter is an add-on for QloApps that will convert your website images to WebP to increase your website load speed.
WebP is an image format that was rolled out by Google. It has a better size reduction while retaining the best quality than the JPG and PNG formats. Using WebP images makes your website attractive and boosts your website’s speed as well.
According to Google, WebP lossless images are 26% smaller than PNGs, and WebP lossy images are 25-34% smaller than JPEG images.
Lossless WebP compression applies already-seen image fragments to exactly reconstruct new pixels. It can also use a local palette if it finds no interesting match.
To know more about compression techniques, read WebP Compression Techniques in Detail.
- Convert various types of image formats into WebP format.
- It helps to reduce the size of an image.
- View the conversion process of images on the configuration page.
- A button to generate the remaining images becomes available on the configuration page in case the converter fails to convert some of the images.
- Convert images of the product.
- Select category images to convert WebP format.
- Convert the images of the manufacturer.
- Choose to convert the image of the supplier in WebP format.
- Convert store images into WebP format.
- It helps to reduce page size & thus loading time.
The installation of any module is very simple in QloApps.
- Go to the Module and Services tab
- Click on Add New Module
- Now upload the Zip file of the Module and click on Install
Now, You Have Installed The Module. So Let Us Check The Module Configuration.
For the functioning of the module, you have to download a Cwebp binary for your operating system from the link given in the module and then upload the downloaded file in the field provided.
The module also allows you to configure the converter options specifically for JPEG & PNG images.
JPEG Converter Options
PNG Converter Options
This was all from the QloApps WebP Image Converter. I hope I was able to clarify the functioning of the module to you.
If you want to learn about the functionality of QloApps then you can visit this link: QLO Reservation System – Free Open-Source Hotel Booking & Reservation System
In case of any query, issue, or requirement please feel free to raise it on QloApps Forum
Lastly, do not forget to drop your thoughts in the comments.