QloApps WebP Image Converter is an add-on for QloApps which will convert your website images to WebP for faster websites.
WebP is an image format that was rolled out by Google. It has a better size reduction while retaining the best quality than the JPG and PNG formats.
Hence using the WebP images looks good on your website as they have quality while making your website faster.
According to Google, WebP lossless images are 26% smaller than PNGs and WebP lossy images are 25-34% smaller than JPEG images. Lossless WebP compression applies already seen image fragments in order to exactly reconstruct new pixels. It can also use a local palette if it finds no interesting match.
To know more about compression techniques, read WebP Compression Techniques in Detail.
- Convert various types of image formats into WebP format.
- It helps to reduce the size of an image.
- View the conversion process of images on the configuration page.
- A button to generate remaining images becomes available on the configuration page in case if the converter failed to convert some of the images.
- Convert images of the product.
- Select category images to convert WebP format.
- Convert the images of the manufacturer.
- Choose to convert the image of the supplier in WebP format.
- Convert store images into WebP format.
- It helps to reduce page size & thus loading time.
The installation of any module is very simple in QloApps.
- Go to Module and Services tab
- Click on Add New Module
- Now upload the Zip file of Module and click on Install
Now You Have Installed The Module. So Let Us Check The Module Configuration.
In the ‘converter options’, there are multiple advanced options that can be used for better conversion of images.
Converters: Select the conversion methods to use. cwebp is already provided with the module. To use other converters, Install them on your server first.
Converter Shuffle: If this option is enabled, the conversion of the image is faster as the conversion takes place with whichever converter is found first on the server.
Encoding: There are 3 types of encoding available with the module.
- Lossy: Lossy compression method removes the unnoticeable data.
- Lossless: Lossless compression helps to keep the unnoticeable data.
- Auto: It will automatically select one of the encoding type from lossy & lossless.
Other advanced converter options are
- Automatic Filter: It enhances the quality of the image.
- Methods: Select ‘6’ to get the best image quality & fast conversion.
The module also allows you to configure the converter options specifically for JPEG & PNG images.
JPEG Converter Options
PNG Converter Options
For the functioning of the module, you have to download a cwebp binary for your operating system from the link given in the module and then upload the downloaded file in the field provided.
This was all from the QloApps WebP Image Converter. I hope I was able to clarify the functioning of the module to you.
If you want to learn about the functionality of QloApps then you can visit this link: QLO Reservation System – Free Open-Source Hotel Booking & Reservation System
In case of any query, issue or requirement please feel free to raise it on QloApps Forum
Lastly, do not forget to drop your thoughts in the comments.