QloApps Room Reservation is an add-on that allows admin and customers to lock rooms for a certain period of time.
That time is set by the admin on the configuration page of the module. Admin can also set quantities of the room that can be locked.
Hence, customers can lock room for certain minutes/ hours/ days as allowed by admin.
As long as the room is locked, other customers cannot see that room until it is freed into inventory again.
Moreover, if the customer wants then he has to contact the website to let them know that they want to reserve a particular room.
Henceforth, the admin will lock/reserve the room for customers through the back office.
Apart from configuring the module from the Global configuration page, the admin can also allow room reservation functionality for different room types from the room edit page.
Additional settings provided to a particular room from the room edit page will be given priority over Global configuration.
- Both admin and customer can reserve rooms for a certain period.
- The time period for which room can be reserved is set by admin on the configuration page.
- Room can be locked for minutes, hours or days.
- Admin can also set maximum date range within which room reservation is possible.
- Set the maximum number of rooms a customer can reserve.
- Admin can set the maximum quantities a customer can reserve for a room type.
- Display lock button on room page, if admin wants. So, customers can reserve a room from the room page.
- Admin can allow customer to reserve or lock room from the cart page.
- Admin can also set configuration from the backend. In this, admin allow customer to delete room from the cart.
- All the global configuration which are available in the module configuration page, same settings are available in room type page.
- Additional settings provided to a particular room from room edit page will be given priority over Global configuration.
- On the backend, a new tab ‘Room lock’ is added. Admin can lock room for customers and view the list of locked rooms.
- Moreover, the admin can also lock room from backend for customers.
The installation of any module is very simple in QloApps.
- Go to the “Module and Services” tab.
- Click on “Add New Module”.
Now upload the Zip file of the module and click on install.
Now you have installed the module. So let’s check how to configure it.
On the configuration page, you can set the following details:
- Lock room for (minutes/hours/days): Set the days/hours/minutes for which the room will be reserved for customer for booking.
- Maximum Date Range: Set the time for which the room can be reserved between the date range.
- Maximum Locked Room: Enter the maximum number of rooms a customer can reserve.
- Locked Room from particular room type: Set the maximum quantities a customer can reserve for a room type.
- Display lock button on Room page: Enable/ Disable lock button on room page.
- Display lock icon on Cart page: Enable/ Disable lock icon on cart page. It will allow customers to reserve or lock a room from the cart page.
- Remove Room from Cart: Enable to allow customers to delete room from the cart.
Moreover, go to the ‘Catalog’ and in that select ‘Manage Room Type’. From there you can also set configurations for different room types.
Whatever, you set and save in a particular room type page will be given priority over Global Configuration.
Room Lock Reservation Configuration includes:
- Enable Room Lock: Enable/disable the lock of this room by customers on your hotel.
- Enable Custom Lock Time: Enable it, to allow the maximum time for which room can be reserved.
- Lock Room For: If enabled, then mention minutes, hours or days for which room can be locked.
- Enable Custom Lock Quantity: Admin can give permission to customer to set the number of quantities of the room they want to lock.
- Maximum Lock Quantity: Set maximum quantities a customer can reserve for this room type.
Admin can check room types locked from the backend. After installing the module a new tab ‘Room Lock Reservation’ is added.
Click on it, and you can view the list of rooms locked or reserved.
Moreover, if the admin wants he/she can also lock room for the customer after clicking on ‘Lock for customer’.
After clicking on ‘Lock for customer’, the admin will be redirected to a new page, and he has to fill in details.
Customers can view the list of locked rooms in the front end.
For this, go to the ‘My Accounts’ section and in that select ‘Locked Rooms’.
Customers cannot lock rooms without signing in.
So, first sign-in to lock room.
After signing in, under the room details page, customers can lock room/rooms depending on the quantities set by the admin.
Moreover, customers can also lock rooms from the check-out page.
So this was all from QloApps Room Reservation. Hope I was able to explain the module in the best possible way.
If you want to learn about the functionality of QloApps then you can visit this link: QLO Reservation System – Free Open-Source Hotel Booking & Reservation System
In case of any query, issue, or requirement please feel free to raise it on QloApps Forum