QloApps Marketplace Addon converts your hotel website into a marketplace of hotels where your partner hotels will list their hotels and you will earn a commission for every booking your partner hotel will receive through your website.
- Add or delete sellers on the marketplace.
- Admin has the option to approve or disapprove seller requests manually or set it to be done automatically.
- Allow or disallow sellers to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Admin can manage seller’s profiles, their hotels, orders, room types, additional facilities, and refund rules.
- Admin can manage the commission rate and tax distribution of the seller.
- Easy to manage and add payment modes for sellers.
- Admin can select ‘Super Admin Email’ where all marketplace emails will be sent.
- Allow Sellers to use multiple languages in the Marketplace.
- Admin can manage various mail configuration settings.
- View total earnings of the hotel marketplace as well as seller-wise earnings in the back-end.
- Manage seller settlements from back end.
- Admin can allow/disallow the display of Admin commission to sellers.
- Admin can allow/disallow the Advance Payment option to sellers.
- Allow/disallow sellers to create customer-wise specific prices.
- Admin can enable or disable various mail settings, and accordingly, emails are sent to admin and sellers on the happening of various events.
- Admin can select the order status that will be available to the seller for changing their order status.
- Sellers receive an email regarding the update on the status of their approval or disapproval of their request to become a seller.
- Sellers can view statistics of bookings and sales of the current year and the previous year.
- View data based on various performance measuring parameters in the form of graphs and charts on the dashboard of the marketplace seller portal.
- Sellers can manage their profile, hotels, room types, additional facilities, refunds, and orders.
- Select the payment mode provided by the admin and send account details to receive payments manually from the admin.
- The seller can edit the bookings created by the guest. For instance, they can change the duration of booking dates, add rooms, and reallocate or swap rooms.
- Sellers can view their marketplace earnings and admin commission from the dashboard.
- QloApps Marketplace v1.3.1 is compatible with QloApps version v1.6.x
- QloApps Marketplace v1.2.4 is compatible with QloApps version v1.5.1 and above
- QloApps Marketplace v1.2.3 is compatible with QloApps version v1.5.0 and above
- QloApps Marketplace v1.2.2 is compatible with QloApps version v1.4.0 and above
- QloApps Marketplace v1.2.1 is compatible with QloApps version from v1.2.0 to versions below v1.4.0
The process of installation of the marketplace module in QloApps is very simple.
- Go to the “Module and Services” tab.
- Click on “Add New Module”.
Now upload the zip file of the marketplace module.
Click on “Upload and Install this module” to install the module. By following these steps the Admin can successfully install the “Marketplace” module in QloApps.
After installing the Marketplace module, a new tab of Marketplace will be added to the menu bar of QloApps. Using this tab, the admin can configure the various settings of the marketplace.
After clicking on the marketplace tab or “configure” button in manage modules, you will be redirected to the configuration page.
There are eight sections in the Marketplace Configuration Tab:
- Seller Profiles
- Seller Hotels
- Seller Room Types
- Seller refund Rules
- Seller Additional Facilities
- Commission Rates
- Seller Orders
Let’s discuss the functionality and features of each section.
Let’s understand the first section i.e., the configuration tab.
It is further subdivided into three sections:
- Manage General settings
- Manage Approval settings
- Manage Payment modes
Admin can configure the general settings of the hotel marketplace from here.
- Super Admin Email: The Admin can specify the Super Admin Email where all the hotel marketplace emails will be sent.
- Marketplace Multilanguage: Enable or disable the sellers to use multiple languages in the marketplace.
If the admin disables the hotel marketplace multiple language functionalities, then the admin can decide whether the marketplace will be managed on the basis of “Admin’s default language” or “Sellers default language”.
- Terms and Conditions CMS page: From the dropdown, the admin can select which CMS page will open when the seller clicks on the terms and conditions option that displays at the time of registration.
Admin can manage the hotel marketplace mail settings from the mail configuration page.
‘From’ title for seller’s mail- The text will display in the ‘From’ title in the Seller’s mail.
Admin has control of order status. Henceforth, the admin has the option to allow or disallow sellers to change their order status.
Also, the admin can decide whether sellers can edit the order status or not. If the admin allows the seller to edit the order status, then further he can also decide the status options he wants to provide to the seller for editing the order status.
From here admin can manage various approval settings which will provide different functionalities to sellers.
On this page, the Admin has options for providing automatic approval to users for becoming sellers.
Moreover, the admin can allow the seller to update the seller’s profile without the approval of the admin, and the seller has to agree to the terms and conditions while registering.
Admin can manage seller hotel approval settings from here.
Admin can configure approval settings for seller room type.
Admin can configure the additional facilities approval settings from here.
Admin can configure the order refund rules approval settings from here.
Admin can configure the order refund request approval settings from here.
The payments made by customers are credited to the admin’s account. Afterward, the admin transfers the seller’s share from his end.
In this section, the admin can add various payment modes using which each seller can provide their desired account detail to receive the payment.
Admin can add a new payment mode by Clicking on ‘Add Payment Mode’ and then adding the name of the mode.
After saving the details you can view the list of payment modes added.
To become a seller in the marketplace, the sellers have to first register as a user and then they can send a request to become a seller.
After installing the marketplace, sellers can create their user accounts and send requests to the admin to become a seller on the marketplace from the front end.
On clicking the ‘List your Hotel’ tab, a seller request form will appear which has to be filled by the seller to send the seller request to admin.
A message will display to the seller stating that the seller’s request has been sent to the admin and the seller will have to wait for the approval.
As soon as the seller submits the seller request, the admin can view the seller request in the “Manage Seller Profile” tab.
Go to Marketplace -> Manage Seller Profile -> Seller Profile.
Admin can approve or disapprove the seller profile from here.
Note- If you (admin) have configured the module for auto-approval, then there is no requirement for the admin’s approval.
After approval from the admin, a seller can view the marketplace account at the front end under the ‘Accounts’ tab.
Admin can also create a seller from the back end.
In that case, the admin will have to first create the seller as a user/customer. Then admin can convert the user into a seller from the seller profile section of the marketplace menu.
The admin will have to Go to Customers -> Add new customer
A new user/customer form will appear that the admin has to fill in.
Once he has added the seller as a customer, to create a seller profile the admin has to add the seller from the seller profile section in the marketplace tab.
After creating the user/customer, the admin has to go to Marketplace -> Seller Profile -> Click on Add new Seller.
Then admin will have to fill in the details of the new seller form in two sections.
Admin has to select the payment mode and enter the account details that will be used for seller transactions.
Hence, in this way, the admin can create new sellers for the hotel marketplace. And their list is visible on the ‘Manage Seller Profile’.
The admin can edit or update the seller profile from the back office.
Go to Marketplace -> Manage Seller Profile -> -> Particular Seller Profile -> Click on ‘Edit’ button
After clicking the ‘Edit button’ the admin can update the seller profile and payment mode.
Admin can get a complete comprehensive overview of the seller profile and its details easily on one page by clicking on the view button.
Once the admin clicks on the view button, a page will open displaying all the data about the seller including the seller’s profile, bookings, hotels, room types, and cancellation requests.
Admin can easily add seller hotels from the back office.
Go to Marketplace -> Seller Hotels -> Click ‘Add new Hotel’
The admin has to select the seller and fill in the hotel details in 5 sections.
Add all the information about the hotel in the information section.
Admin can add Seller hotel images.
Admin can add restrictions to the hotel from the restrictions tab.
Admin can select hotel features from the features tab.
Admin can select hotel refund policies from the Refund Policies tab.
To add a room type in the hotel from the back end admin had to go to Marketplace -> Seller Room Type -> Add New Room Type
Now we have to fill the 8 sections to add a new room type in Marketplace.
Now, the admin has to choose the seller and fill in room type information.
Next, upload the images of the room type.
Admin can set the price of the room type using the 3 different price sections.
- Price(tax excluding): Enter the base price of the room type. The admin commission will be calculated on the base price.
- Costing(tax excluding): It means the price you pay for the room type per day. It will not display to the user.
- Tax Rate: Select the rate of tax.
- Allow advance payment: Enable it, to allow customers to make the advance payments.
- Set advance payment: If disabled, advance payment for this room type will be calculated by global advance payment value (i.e., 10 percent).
- Price calculation method: Set percent or amount.
- Value: Enter the value of the percent or amount you will charge.
- Tax include: Enable to include tax.
- For: Set the specific price for the room type for all or specific currencies, countries, and groups.
- Customer: Mention customers, you can select all customers or mention specific customers.
- Available: Select the date range for which this price is available.
- Product price: Write the price of the product or leave the base price as the product price.
- Apply Discount: Write the discount you want (with or without tax)
Add a new pricing rule by clicking on the tab ‘Add Pricing Rule’.
- Price rule name: Write the name of the pricing rule.
- Date selection type: Want to apply this rule for a specific date or date range.
- Date from-Date to: Likewise, you will have to select the date range (if you select date range under date selection type).
- Particular days: Select the days if you want to apply this price for specific days.
- Impact on Price: Select the impact you want on price. Like whether it will increase or decrease.
- Impact Type: Select percentage or amount.
- Impact Value: Value of percentage or amount that you will charge.
- Status: Enable or disable the advance price rule from here.
- Group access: Select the group that can enjoy this pricing.
Using this section, the admin can add and edit the inventory of the room type.
Specify the base and maximum occupancy of the adults and children in the room type.
Select the features available with this room type.
Write the meta title, description, and friendly URL to rank higher in the search result pages.
Assign the additional facilities you provide in your hotel to the room type with this section.
Hence, in this way, the admin can add seller room types in the marketplace.
To add a refund rule from the back end admin had to go to Marketplace -> Seller Refund Rule -> Add New Refund rule.
The admin will then choose the seller and enter the details about the refund rule to create a new refund rule for the hotel.
To add a new additional facility for the hotel from the back end admin had to go to Marketplace -> Seller Additional facilities -> Add New facility.
Once the admin clicks on “add new facility”, he will then select the seller for which he wants to create the additional facility and then add the details about the additional facility including the name and price of the facility.
Admin can set commission in the marketplace in two ways –
- Global Commission
- Seller Wise Commission
To edit or add commission in the marketplace, Go to Marketplace -> Commission Rates.
You will be redirected to the manage commissions page where you can view the list of seller-wise commissions, and global commissions.
To add seller-wise commission, the admin should first select ‘Add Admin Commission’.
From here, the admin can select the seller and the commission rate that he wants to charge from the seller.
The admin can set the global commission rate using the global commission section.
Admin receives all the amount that customers pay. The module calculates the tax amount according to the commission set by the admin for tax distribution.
With the help of this option, the admin can decide whether he wants to keep the tax amount to himself or distribute it between him and the seller, or if he wants to send the tax earned to the seller.
The admin tax amount depends upon the commission rate set by the admin.
The admin can track and manage the orders of his seller as well as manage the settlement of the booking amount from the seller orders section of the marketplace menu.
Here the admin can view the total earnings of the hotel marketplace and the list of seller order details.
After going to ‘View Orders’ the admin can view the list of orders for the Seller.
Admin can go to the order detail page by clicking ‘View Order Details’ for a particular order.
Henceforth, the admin will redirect to the order page.
The admin can pay the due amount to the seller manually and make settlements from the back office.
To make settlements go to Marketplace -> Seller Orders -> Go to a Seller Order -> Click ‘View Settlements’
Then, the admin will reach the Manage Seller Transactions page.
Here admin can view the seller’s earnings on the marketplace and a list of transactions of all settlements made by the seller.
When the admin clicks on ‘Settle Amount’, a pop-up will open on the screen displaying the Seller payment mode.
The admin will fill in the payment mode information and the due amount, and then he will click on the ‘Pay’ button to successfully complete the settlement.
The admin can also cancel the settlement by clicking the ‘Cancel Settlement’ button on the Manage Seller Transactions page.
Admin can also repay the canceled settlement from the back end.
After repayment, the transaction status changes.
So this is how the Admin can manage the settlements.
After installing the marketplace, sellers can create their user accounts and send requests to Admin to become a seller on the marketplace. Once the admin approves the seller’s request, the seller can then manage their property on the marketplace using the various tabs of the marketplace available in their accounts section.
On the marketplace dashboard, the seller can view the daily activity of his hotel including check-ins, check-outs, new bookings, stayovers, canceled bookings, and guests. It also displays the stats for the hotel through which the seller can analyze the performance of his properties.
The seller can change the view mode of the dashboard as per the current or previous day, month year. Moreover, they can also filter the data that is displayed on the dashboard using the mini calendar.
The dashboard displays the following hotel parameters:
- Operations Today
- Length of Stay
- Stats Graph: It includes data on sales, orders, average order value, and net profit.
- Days of week
- Room Nights
On the booking calendar tab, sellers have the option to view the occupancy status of selected room types of a particular hotel for a duration.
In this section, Sellers can add and update their profile information that is displayed to guests on the marketplace website through this ‘Edit Profile’ tab.
Using this hotels tab, the sellers can add and manage hotels in the marketplace.
To add a new hotel, the seller will click on add hotel and then fill in various fields on the hotel page.
In this section, sellers can add hotel images after saving the hotel information.
In this section, the seller can set the preparation time and maximum booking date restriction for the hotel.
In the next tab, the seller can select hotel features.
In this section, the seller can enable and select the refund policies for the hotel.
Once the hotel is created by sellers the request is sent to Admin. Then, the admin can approve or disapprove the hotel from the back end. If the admin enables auto-approval of the seller hotel then the hotel status will be approved automatically.
Using the room types tab, the seller can add and update the room types of the hotel.
When the seller hotel is live on the QloApps marketplace, they can start adding room types to it.
To add a new room type the seller will Go to the ‘Room Types’ tab -> Click on the ‘Add Room Type’ button.
Once the seller clicks on Add new room type, a form will appear and the seller needs to fill in all the room type-related information in various sections and save it.
In this section, the seller will add the basic details of the room type and assign the room type to a particular hotel.
The seller can upload room-type images in the Images section.
The Price section allows Sellers to set the base price, tax rate, advance payment, specific price, and pricing rules of the room type.
In the base price section, the seller will add the base price and the cost price of the room type.
He can also set the tax rule that applies to the cost of room type using the tax rule option.
Using the advance payment option the seller can enable and manage the advance payment option for the room type.
You can set the specific price of the room type using this section.
Sellers can view all the created advanced price rules for the room type in this section. To create a new price rule, the seller has to click on the add pricing rule and fill in all the information about the rule.
After setting the prices seller can add the inventory for the room type from the room’s section.
In this section, the seller can set the base occupancy and the maximum occupancy of the room type.
In the Features section, the seller can select and add features for the room type.
After clicking on Add Features, the seller can choose and add the features from a list of available features in the room type.
The seller can add a meta title, meta description, and friendly URL for room type.
The seller can assign the additional facilities to the room type through this section.
The seller can view the order details and payment details from the order page and payment/transactions page of the orders tab.
Once the orders are created, the seller can view the total earnings, admin commission, admin tax, total order, seller’s earnings, and received amount as well as the due amount which has to be paid by admin on the orders page in the first box on the order page.
On the Order page, the seller can view the total earnings, admin commission, seller earnings, earnings received seller due amount, and total orders.
The list of all orders is displayed in this section. The seller can view the order details for each order by clicking the ‘view’ button for particular orders.
This is the order detail page for the sellers. On this page, sellers can view customer details and order details, and change the room status and booked rooms status. Sellers can also edit and delete booked rooms from this page.
Sellers can change and update the details of booked rooms using the edit option.
Once the seller clicks on the edit button, a pop-up dialog box will appear using which the seller can edit various details of the booking including duration, occupancy, price, and additional facilities.
Sellers can easily reallocate or swap rooms or delete them in the booking using the reallocate room option and delete option that is present in the drop-down of the edit button.
Once the seller clicks on the “reallocate room” option, a pop-up dialogue box will open using which the seller can reallocate or swap rooms.
Sellers can also add any number of rooms to order by clicking on the “add rooms in order” option.
Once the seller clicks on the ” Add rooms in order” button, a pop-up will appear on the screen in which the seller will add the details of the new booking. After entering the details including the room type, occupancy, booking duration, and price, the seller will click on add to add a new room to the existing booking.
When the admin pays the due amount, sellers can view the list of settlements done by the admin under the payments/transactions page in the orders tab.
Using the payment mode tab the seller can select the payment mode provided by the admin through which he wants to receive the settlement amount. He will enter his account details, and save the payment mode to receive payments by the admin for his hotel bookings.
This payment mode information will be used by the admin to send the seller his share of the bookings.
The seller can add and manage the various additional facilities provided by him through the additional facilities tab.
To create a new additional facility, the seller will first click on the ” add new facility” button and then add all the details about the additional facility such as name, price, tax rule, and price calculation method. This is how sellers can create new additional facilities.
After the seller has created the additional facility, it will go to admin for approval after which the seller can assign them to particular room types for booking. If the admin has enabled the auto approval of the additional facilities, then the additional facility created by the seller will get approved automatically and the seller can add these facilities to a particular room type for booking.
The seller can manage all the refund requests and refund rules through the refunds tab.
In this section, the seller can view all the refund requests received by his guests. Through this section, he can manage his refund requests and provide his guests with partial or full refunds.
The seller can view the details of the refund by clicking on the view button. Once the seller clicks on the view button, a new page will open displaying the customer details and booking details. Through the various options present on this page, the seller can easily update the refund status and process the refund request of the guests.
The seller can view and add new refund rules from this section.
The seller can create a new refund rule by clicking on the ” Add new rule” Button. Then the seller will add the necessary details of the refund rule and once the admin approves the created refund rule, the seller can apply the rule to his hotels.
This was all from the QloApps Marketplace. I hope I was able to clarify the functioning of the module to you.
If you want to learn about the functionality of QloApps then you can visit this link: QLO Reservation System – Free Open-Source Hotel Booking & Reservation System.
In case of any query, issue, or requirement please feel free to raise it on QloApps Forum.
Moreover, for any support, you can raise a ticket from here.