QloApps Front Desk System is a revolutionary addon for the hotel owners and managers. Now with the help of this addon, you can view, add, and edit bookings on your QloApps dashboard calendar.
When a customer reaches a hotel it is the front desk where he makes his first contact.
Here the guest can ask for the check-in or a reservation altogether.
QloApps Front Desk system will allow you to manage all these incoming guests with an easy-to-use interface. This will result in a better customer experience.
There are some changes after QloApps version 1.6.0. So if you are using previous version you can make some changes in code to use the latest feature of the module.
The step is very simple to update, you just have to replace the mentioned codes in the following path.
Hook::exec('actionObject'.$class.'DefinitionModifier', array('definition' => &$definition));
Kindly refer to this screenshot:
Place this hook in line 1888 (line may vary)
Now, let us check the features and working of the QloApps Front Desk System.
- Can manage multiple staff accounts
- Staff can see only permitted hotels on his dashboard
- Admin can view and edit all the employee’s configurations
- Employees can configure how they want to view the Dashboard by default
- View the calendar in Month, Week, and Day mode
- Hotel-wise information on the Dashboard
- Room type-wise information on the Dashboard
- Room Number-wise information on the Dashboard
- Create New Bookings from the Calendar itself
- Drag and Drop to change the booking dates
- Reallocate or Swap Rooms from the Calendar itself
- Option to switch from one month to another without loading data of other months.
- The calendar shows the check-ins on a particular date with the following details:
- Booking Duration
- Booking Status
- Customer Details
- Payment Type
- Booking Id
- The calendar shows the checkouts on a particular date with the following details:
- Room Number
- Booking ID
- Total Amount
- Due Amount
- An intuitive navigator to select what details will appear on the dashboard
The installation of any module is very simple in QloApps.
- Go to the Module and Services tab
- Click on Add New Module
- Now upload the Zip file of the Module and click on Install
Now You Have Installed The Module. So Let Us Check The Module Configuration.
The configuration of this system is very easy. The user just has to decide if he wants to see the Calendar in Month mode by default or by Week or Day.
The configuration button can be found in the Module and Service Tab where you do the installation.
Admin can View and change the configuration of his employees. But admin cannot create the configuration of an employee.
To access the QloApps Front Desk System you will find all the details on the Dashboard of your QloApps backend interface.
The system has the following usabilities which we will discuss one by one.
- View Booking Details
- Change the Booking Dates
- Reallocate or Swap Rooms
- Create New bookings
So let us check each feature one by one.
With the Navigator options, you have the functionality to select what you want to view on your Calendar.
You can Select Hotel for which you want to see the booking details. You can view those hotels for which you have the permission.
Then you can view all the room types on the calendar or the selected ones.
Then you can also decide the room number for which you want the details on the dashboard.
Moreover, you have the option to switch from one month to another without loading data of months in between them.
You can easily change months from the mini calendar on the right-hand side as shown in the image below.
You can see all the check-in/check-out information for any particular day.
In the Hotel or Room type view it will just the stats of the check-ins and in the room number view it will show the customer details as well.
You just need to hover over a booking bar.
The calendar also shows the checkouts due on that particular date.
You also have the option to decide the colors in which a room type will be shown on the dashboard.
- Go to the Catalog tab.
- Click on Manage Room Types.
- Click on the edit button of the room type.
4. In left pannel click on Front Desk.
5. Click on the color panel to choose the color for the room type
The addon provides an easy to use drag and drop feature to extend a booking, decrease the length of booking or change the booking date all together.
To Extend or Decrease the length of stay just select the Room Number view and go on the corner of the booking bar and increase or decrease its length.
To change the booking dates just drag and drop the booking to the new dates.
Again just go to the Room Number view and hover over a booking bar and you will have the option to Reallocate or Swap.
Now select the Room number to Reallocate or Swap.
Creating a booking is very easy in the Front Desk System. You will have to just click on the date and drag it till the date you want to create a booking.
For example, I want to create a booking from 1st Feb to 5th Feb then I will put my cursor on 1st and drag it till 5th.
Then you will have to select the room type and number of rooms needed and proceed to the booking.
From here you will have to follow the default backend booking process of QloApps.
So this was all from the QloApps Front Desk System. I hope I was able to clarify the functioning of this addon in the best possible way.
If you want to learn about the functionality of QloApps then you can visit this link: QLO Reservation System – Free Open-Source Hotel Booking & Reservation System
In case of any query, issue, or requirement please feel free to raise it on QloApps Forum