The European Union regulations are effective from 25th May, you need to comply your hotel booking website with General Data Protection Regulation.
With QloApps GDPR Compliance module, you can comply with new regulations: GDPR & European Union cookie law and ensures your customers of data protection. You can allow your customers to update or delete their personal data present on the website whenever they want.
- This module allows admin to make his website General Data Protection Regulation Compliant.
- This module allows admin to comply with EU cookie law.
- Admin can enable/disable the auto-approval of personal data deletion of the customers.
- The Admin can configure GDPR email notification settings.
- Admin can configure the position, image, and text of a cookie block at the Front End.
- The Admin can enable/disable the display of GDPR agreement checkbox on Customer Registration form.
- Admin can enable/disable the display of GDPR agreement checkbox on Customer Personal Information Form.
- The Admin can enable/disable the display of GDPR agreement checkbox on Customer Contact Form.
- Admin can enable/disable the display of GDPR agreement checkbox on module’s form.
- The customers can download their personal data on the website in PDF format.
- Customers can e-mail their personal data to their desired email address
- The customers can update their personal/address information.
- The Customers can access, update, and delete their personal data on the website.
- Admin can manage all the requests placed by the customer for data erasure.
- Admin can download or delete the personal data of a customer.
- The customers will receive an email notification regarding the confirmation of data deletion.
- The customers will receive an email notification with the attached PDF file containing the updated personal information.
Installing a module on QloApps is very simple. Just follow these steps:
Go To Modules and Services and Click on Add a New Module
Now Upload the Zip file of the module
Click on Install Button
After the successful installation of the module, admin can view the Manage GDPR tab from where he can manage the module.
- Customer data delete approval – If you enable the option, the admin will get a request for data erasure. If disabled, then the customer can delete his data himself.
- GDPR default agreement content – Here, the admin will enter the text which will be visible at the front end with the agreement checkbox
Under “Manage GDPR Agreement Data”, admin can configure where to show GDPR agreement checkbox and its content.
Click on Manage GDPR–> Manage GDPR Agreement Data
Under “GDPR Agreement Data Management”, admin can configure the display of GDPR agreement checkbox on:
- Core Prestashop Form Agreements
- Prestashop Module’s Form Agreements
Core QloApps Form Agreements
At the Front-end GDPR Agreement Checkbox on Customer Registration Form
GDPR Agreement Checkbox in Customer Personal Information Form
The agreement checkbox and content Contact Form
The GDPR Agreement Checkbox in Customer Address Form
GDPR Agreement Checkbox in module’s form
One installing the module, a tab “Manage Personal Data” gets available for the customers under ‘My Account’ at the Front End.
When a customer clicks on “Manage Personal Data” tab, he can view three sub-tabs: Personal Data Access, Personal Data Rectification, and Personal Data Erasure.
- Personal Data Access – Under this tab, a customer can download his entire data on the website in a PDF format. A customer can also email his personal data to his desired email id.
- Personal Data Rectification – Under this tab, a customer can update his personal information, address information, or any other information he wants to get updated on the website.
On clicking the ‘Update your Personal Information’ tab, he gets redirected to Customer Personal Information page where he can update his personal information.
When the customer clicks on ‘Update Your Address Information’ tab, he gets redirected to ‘My Addresses’ tab where he can update or delete his address.
When a customer clicks on ‘For Other Updations Click here’ tab, a block gets available below the tab where he can enter the information he wants to get updated on the website.
- Personal Data Erasure – Under this tab, a customer can request for data deletion or delete his complete data from the website if “customer data delete approval” has been disabled by admin.
When a customer clicks on ‘REQUEST FOR DELETE’ button, a pop-up appears on the screen where the customer has to click on ‘DELETE DATA’ button to erase all his data from the website.
Once a customer clicks on ‘DELETE DATA’ button, a message will be displayed on the screen as shown below:
Once a request for data deletion has been submitted by a customer a request for data erasure is sent to admin and he can view it by navigating through Manage GDPR->Manage Customer Data.
- Delete Customer Data – Admin can delete the personal data of a customer from the website by selecting the customer name in the Select Customer field. On entering a customer’s name, the system redirects the Admin to the ‘Manage Customer Data’ page from where he can erase the data of the selected customer.
- Manage Customer Data – Under “Manage Customer Data” tab, admin can view the requests placed by the customers for deleting or updating their personal data from the website. Admin can view the request and delete/update it by clicking on ‘View’ button.